Friday, December 21, 2007

Om Shanti Om


Should I write about this movie or not? Am I too late, because the movie was released a bit time ago? Is the hype of this movie over? Anyway whatever be it, I feel like writing about it. You know right! Any Shahrukh movie is hyped, advertised, spoken all over and spread over everywhere. Sometimes I feel Shahrukh Khan as more of a business man than an actor. He is too shrewd, witty and a perfect entertainer. He knows what really has to be done. You just see his interviews, he takes over the anchor, acts like humble and proves that he is the king of bollywood. A great Filmfare anchor, keeps all the right people in their good books, cracks jokes on his competitor in a intelligent way and makes everyone happy. At times he portrays his emotional side with senti senti dialogues. He has struggled and come a long way to reach here. That's why for all this I like him.

I was too much occupied in work and was waiting for this movie to release, as a break from work. So on the day of the release along with friends I went to the movie theatre here to AMC 30. Though we were looking for the night show, I don't know why because it was SRK movie all the Indians seemed to have occupied the theatre. For the first time I saw it was housefull and sold out. My previous experience with Kansas Movie theatre was different. For "Chak De" there were totally 7 people in the big theatre including us. Guess what! for "Hey Baby" the whole theatre was occupied by me and my friend Anup. I was having a feeling this theatre is a adjacent room to my hall in my house. The reel was rolling specially for us. Anyway we booked the ticket for 5:30PM show for Saturday. I was in office till 5:15PM(Yeah! even on Saturday) and then rushed around driving crazily and reached 10-15 mins late(oh! shit how can I be late again). The film had already started. After 2 and half hour the film got over. Thats all! the blog is over.

"Blog abhi khatam nahi huvi hai, blog abhibi baki hai mera dosto". Overall if you just see without really making your logic part of the brain to work, it was a good entertaining movie. I enjoyed watching it and some part of it I like watching it again and again. It looked like the whole movie was done without any tension, everyone were let free to act whatever they want to do. I think, for the first half of the movie they really thought a lot, worked a lot and have put on many things to the show. There are these few of the things which I liked the most in the movie. You know, it is so nice and easy to go back to the history & remain in that time line and tell about what that is going to happen in future. Like SRK telling to Farah Khan tu kya film ka director hai kya, some other guy telling to Om "Sirf jacket pehene se koyi hero nahi banta, kuch shakal bhi hona chahiye aur style bhi rehna chahiye(Even though it is true SRK is a great actor now), Pappu and Om at the Tea shop telling a fresher about name "to Govinda try karu, aaahhh try karo"(today Govinda is a hero, (name matters a lot)), Om telling Shanti "Dosti mein mera ek usool hai, No Saarry no Thank you"(Dialouge in Maine Pyar kiya). The set up of the oldies looked so good, the digital mixing actors in the song "Dhuun ta na na", the music has more of Dhol sound, the old type big collars, tight light colour pants, the colour of the costumes with square chux shirt, big flower sarees, those plastic baskets, the badminton style, old type cars, lightings, hair styles. It was filled with humour also filmi Maa, actions of old styles, different versions of Bhagoo, South Indian actor Omshantinatan Swami "Naa Raamba, Naa illaay, atttii pattii katti heyyh heyyh, Yenna Rascalla Myind Ittthaa". Whenever the scene turns into too sentimental type suddenly the next moment it would get a swift turn to a humour. The second part was ok dokie types, with some masala of filmfare, 31 actors entering in a song, SRK Darde Disco item song and that cool types modern bigada huva baccha.

How can I forget to write about Shanti, which forms the center of focus in the name of the film. Man! She is so beautiful. Deepika Padukone has already created waves among everybody. When she enters to the theatre out of the car, in that pink dress she looks so gorgeous. When the song Dhunn ta na tadun tanan started, my eye's pupil size enlarged(I don't have to explain this funda right!). She looks so cool in the second half of the movie. I feel beauty has an aura around it. This pervades everywhere the feeling of happiness. It is like the aroma of the frangrance that bring about a strange kind of a joy. This feeling lingers through out the film and even in the songs. Om(SRK) falling off with a hand on his heart to her smile is just so true. I would also do the same action for her smile :D.

With all this mirch masala, I feel there is some theme and philosophy in the film. It is about having a dream, chasing a dream and dream does come true. The best part I felt is, whatever dialogues in the first part of the film are repeated in the second part with the dream being realized. Even though you make call it, its after all a film, but after all in life you need to have a dream. I had read in the book "The Alchemist" about how the world conspires when you start chasing your dream leaving behind everything.

" Itni shidhatt se meine tumhe paane ki kooshis ki hai, Ke har zarre ne tumhse mila ne ki shazhis ki hai"

"Kehte hai, Agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho, to puri kayanat usse tumhse milaneki kooshis mein lag jati hai. Aap sabne meri chahat se mila diya Thaanks I feel like I am the King of the Wooorrllldddd..."

No comments: