Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Blog - Blogging - Blogger

After a terrific start of my first blog last year in May, I thought based on the comment (which I got after a year), I am inspired to restart it all over again ;) .

Well! Blog: I used to wonder what a weird name it is. I searched in the dictionary and couldn't find this word (old oxford dictionary). Who started this all, whose idea was it, how did it get famous, why do people blog, what is it all about. These questions are still pondering in my mind as my fingers are playing with the keyboard. I am aslo wondering, is it a noun or verb. But now if you see in the modern dictionary it has made itself as a complete word.

Historically, in the past when I was in school studying 10th standard I thought to myself that I should write diary. In fact it took almost 6 months to materialize and I got one very nice king size hard-binded maroon colour diary from my Dad and started with it. Like with any task the difficult part is hmmm... what to start with, what should I write... Then I started and continued it for almost 2 years and went on writing what all came in my mind and the happenings of each day, the good part, the sad part and the feelings and emotions and the situations. uuh! it turned out to be very interesting and then when I used to read it back, it used to surprise me, oh! is it! did I think in that way, was it like that....

Though I loved writing it, it halted for a simple reason that it was read by someone. I had written a big note at the start of my diary saying "Please do not read this". Damn! such note creates lot of curiosity. Anyway I had not written a secret code for a national treasure or something. But guess what! I had developed my own code language, my own script and that initial script I had hid it at some other place. Sounds crazy now! kind of Da Vinci code to break it.. :) . Why was a need for such a thing; man! to hide the secret love stories, and about some wacky stuff. It was fun!

Now back again to such a thing, just visible to World Wide Web. Is it a human instinct to record the life, we have lot of documentation of the past so many civilizations. Is it to show others about what we think and what we feel or is it a show off. Is it a tool for self-retrospection. Is it for the happiness we get in writing something. Or is it for the happiness we get in reading someone's comment on our literature or praise from others, from which we elate ourselves (because we can not elate ourselves by just feeling good about ourselves for no reason) . Oh! what the heck, why should I analyze all this. The weird thing called blogging is the trend and it is fun!

Entering into the world of blog as a insignificant creature....

3 comments:

8Mile said...

Very simple awesome blog. Felt really good reading it and was damn interesting too. Wonderful anaysis of the the term blog after all. Nice to have you here after so many days. Now that your are here, let's make this thing work out for us. Let's make our words speak. Let's rock!

8Mile said...

Waiting for the next blog dude...Cmon write something spicy ;-)

Srini said...

Thank you very much for you comment and kicking my butt to write more, well! there is one more above.