Thursday, May 13, 2010

Age vs State of Mind


I was reading a book in which I was introduced this term state of mind. What is the state of mind? It is state in which mind is on a particular day, on a particular moment, on a particular month or a particular timeline. I am also read that you get or achieve anything based on the state of mind you have. Now there are so many influences that happen to get to a state of mind. Lets say I am happy now, there might be something that has caused this, because of which I am in this state of mind. People say or some of these self help books say that you can choose your mood. I don’t know if I agree with that. If I am sad or bored, for a while no matter what I do I would carry this state of mind. I will be sad even if I try to do something different to change it. Anyway now comes the age part of it, which is where there is something like a base level state of mind. I don’t know if it is called the state of mind, but the behaviour of that particular age. Who programmed this particular behaviour it is so true that no matter who it is in general any human being goes through the same stages of behaviour. I am not saying it is exactly the similar kind of behaviour.

For instance when I was at the age of 10-12 the only thing that was running in my mind was to play. I played almost all kinds of games, you name it I have played it. Gilli danda, cricket, marbles, football, TT, local games, street games, running, chess, carrom, badminton, video games so many of them that I just can’t believe it how much time I spent on that. I used to love riding bicycle and some Jyothishi had told me not to ride any bicycle, so until I was 8th standard I didn’t get a bicycel. Before that I used to always ask for a ride from my friend’s cycle or just keep dreaming about it. I remember it was Aug 15th 1995; Independence Day all of my family Dad, Mom & brother we went to a cycle shop and bought a black Hero Ranger cycle. I enjoyed riding the bicycle. I had a study at that age, but still sports was the major distraction. I was not bad at studies but I always used to be in top 5 but never topper.

Then age of Teens, my God by far this is the best age that’s why it is called sweet sixteen. The most delicate age, the mind is so volatile that any thoughts easily get influenced. Many get spoilt at this age. I don’t know what gets in to mind to go beyond the boundaries layed by parents or society. Suddenly freedom surrmounts and I will go on my own and don’t feel like listening to anybody and then those tender love stories of having crush on somebody or secretly following someone or wishing for some miracles to happen without having much guts to face any of it. Any movie just strucks in mind and bells keep ringing in mind. At this age itself we will have the life decider exams like 10th standard, PUC, CET and that is where a career would form to get a shape and a direction. Anything down at this time would screw the whole career. No matter what it is only of the guys or gals of this age know what goes on in their minds, it is hard for any 40 aged person to figure out that. But to get to 40 you would have to cross 16. What I like the most is the way in the nature that these things happen and at 40 you really can’t get the thinking of what you get at 16 or 18.

As your grow older and older things change. At the time of graduation even though lot of friends are around you will be a worried about job or career and where I am going to land up. But everyone will have lot of big dreams and the mindset is very optimistic. But when we get introduced to the real world then again it is a bit of disappointment. I thought so much different my life would be at job. Welcome to the reality Dude! Then at job hikes, promotions, feeling of loser and no time to have fun. At time in college there will be lot of time & lot of friends and but no money, so you will tend to think may be when I start earning I will have more fun and spend lavishly, but when you are at job you will have money but not much of time or friend’s time to really do anything that you had thought before. This is the irony of life. But not everybody’s life is like the way I am put forth above. Some 1% of the population really get what they want in life and they live in a high style.

There is this is age “forget all about this dude, I need a companion of my life”, then the girl hunt. After that the life of a kids. Then some thing on a hardcore career at the age of 35. Then car, house, and other big investments. Then the retirement plans and then dada dadi feeling and then the detachment………. goes on man!

PS: You would envy the age of the people in the poster.

No comments: